Are you looking for ways to foster your kids' interest in the ocean? Here are some ideas.
- Visit Aquariums. Take your kids on an 'aquarium vacation' where your family travels from city to city, each with an aquarium.
- Visit Zoos. Many zoos have exhibits devoted to marine animals.
- Visit Internet Sites. Some ocean websites and blogs have special links for kids.
Check out Helping Kids Help the Ocean by Smithsonian Ocean.
- Read Books. There are many excellent kids books about the ocean. Pinterest has a page filled with them.
- Do some activities. Nature's Path Foods has 15 Engaging Activities For Kids To Learn About The Ocean Ecosystem.
1. "5 Ways to Connect Your Children to the Oceans" by Stephanie Wear. The Nature Conservancy. Web. 18 Aug. 2018. <https://blog.nature.org/conservancy/2010/10/05/5-ways-to-connect-your-children-to-the-oceans/>.
2. "15 Engaging Activities For Kids To Learn About The Ocean Ecosystem". Nature's Path Foods. Web. 21 Aug. 2018. <https://www.naturespath.com/en-us/blog/activities-for-kids-ocean-ecosystem/>.
3. "Cool Ocean Books For Kids". Pinterest. Web. 21 Aug. 2018. <https://www.pinterest.com/montereyaq/cool-ocean-books-for-kids/?lp=true >.
1. Aquarium by JordyMeow is licensed under CCO Creative Commons.
2. Seals by Shane Rounce on Unsplash.
3. Boy Reading by PublicDomainPictures in licensed under CCO Creative Commons.